Thursday, October 30, 2014

Swimming Memory

When I was six years old, I had an unforgettable moment.  I was in the Bahamas for spring break and my family was at the ocean club beach.  It was a gorgeous day out.  The sun was strong and there was not a ripple in the water.  I had been playing in the water all day with my parents and my sisters.  A few hours had passed and the water became more and more rough.  I really wanted to go in the water because I loved swimming and never wanted to leave the water.  My dad agreed to take me in and watch out for me.  I saw a big wave coming so my dad picked me up and he held on to me as we dove under it because it was too late to get out of the water.  The wave was extremely strong so it separated my dad and me.  My dad was strong enough to pull him self out of the wave but I continued to tumble around.  I vaguely remember struggling for a gasp of air.  My mom ran in from the beach chairs to save me and the wave took her glasses and hat out to sea.  I remember having an excessive amount of sand in my hair and ears for days and I was terrified and in shock.  This memory clearly left an impact on me because to this day, I still cannot go swimming in the ocean if there are big waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment